Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Frozen Raspberry Yogurt Drops

Hi, Everyone! I don't know about you, but I don't know what we did before Pinterest was around! I love all the inspiration and great new ideas I find every time I look through it! One of my favorite things I've seen on Pinterest lately are these frozen yogurt drops. You see, one of my worst habits is (unnecessary) snacking, especially in the evenings. It was one of my new year's resolutions to stop doing that, or to replace the unhealthy snacks with healthy ones, so I was really excited when I saw this idea on Pinterest through One Sweet Appetite. I always have some yogurt in the fridge, so I made them as soon as I had some time. I used low-fat raspberry yogurt, and they were really good! This is hardly a recipe, but here's how you can make some to satisfy those late night cravings for ice-cream!
FROZEN RASPBERRY
YOGURT DROPS

YOU WILL NEED: Yogurt (your choice of flavor, I used low-fat raspberry), baking sheet/large tray, piping bag and tip (or just a regular ziplock bag will do).

DIRECTIONS: All you need to do is empty your yogurt container into the bag, cut off the tip and pipe equal size yogurt drops onto your (clean) baking sheet or tray. Place in the freezer for one to two hours, and you're done!!!


And that's it! I told you it was hardly a recipe! So easy, and so good! They just melt in your mouth! I'll never forget how when I first went off to college, my roommates and I would go to our local Sainsbury's (a British grocery store) and buy Ben&Jerry's ice-cream and I was so excited because I was "all grown up" and could eat as much ice-cream as I wanted! Lots of fun memories! I still love ice-cream, but don't love the amounts of sugar that it contains. These Frozen Raspberry Yogurt Drops are a great snack and you don't have to feel guilty eating a bunch of them!

I will be linking to:

14 comments:

  1. These are awesome. I need to try this out. Thanks so much for stopping by Blissful and Domestic. I am now following along:> Would love for you to link up tomorrow night to my linky party:>

    Danielle
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do these sound really yummy, they're just adorable! I may have to make these for my daughter's wedding shower next month. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I will try them especially since I can make pink ones too! I love pink food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta try that, what a GREAT idea - and so CUTE!!!!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love how you photographed this. I've seen this on pinterest as well...so I am glad to hear someone tried it and gave it the seal of approval. Maybe this recipe will help make my 3 year old feel like she is getting a treat.

    amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy! Frozen yogurt drops are my new favorite treat! Thanks for sharing... I am sharing on facebook and pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you just made my day with these yogurt drops. Thank you so much....Lu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Everyone! I appreciate all your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea! What a healthy alternative to junk food. I am pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria,

    I wanted to feature this recipes in our digital magazine coming out in June. I can't find your contact info. anywhere on here. Let me know what is the best way to get in touch my email is inspiredbyfamilymag@yahoo.com and our website is www.inspiredbyfamilymag.com.

    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Mari Hernandez-Tuten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just pinned! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria, these look amazing. I am pinning them to share with my followers too. I would love to have you share these at our link party!

    Melissa
    redflycreations(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs