Monday, April 2, 2012

Asparagus Tart

Hi, Everybody! Have you been looking for quick, light but really good lunch or dinner ideas for springtime? I have the perfect recipe for you! This beautiful Asparagus Tart! I'm always so happy when spring comes around because it means that grocery stores are suddenly filled with real, fresh fruits and vegetables, and local farmers' markets begin popping up on the weekends. I love using fresh ingredients, and love the vibrant colors that spring brings with it! I love asparagus in particular, and love using it in different ways.... like this tart, for example! This makes for a perfect light but satisfying lunch paired with a good salad, and looks so pretty with all the asparagus spears lined up. It's quick and easy to make thanks to the store-bought puff pastry shortcut! So if you're looking for a great "springtime" meal, or a last minute addition to your Easter brunch table, try this!

ASPARAGUS TART
(Adapted from Martha Stewart)

YOU WILL NEED:
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1 lb - 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus
2 cups shredded cheese (I used mild white cheddar)
1 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper
Flour (for rolling out the puff pastry)

DIRECTIONS:

1. First, preheat your oven to 400 deg F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and sprinkle some flour on your rolling surface. Roll out your puff pastry (needs to be thawed according to the package directions) into a 10x16 inch rectangle. Transfer the rolled out pastry onto your prepared baking sheet, then lightly score the dough an inch from the edges (making a rectangle inside the pastry rectangle). Pierce the "inside rectangle" with a fork at 1/2 inch intervals. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, until the pastry is slightly browned.

2. While it is baking, prepare your asparagus spears by cleaning them and trimming the bottoms. Prepare your shredded cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper.

3. Once the pastry is ready to come out of the oven, sprinkle it with the cheese (I used mild white cheddar although the original recipe called for Gruyere), and arrange the asparagus spears on top of the pastry, alternating the tops tips and the ends. Then, brush the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 - 20 more minutes.


Happy Baking, Everyone!

I will be linking to:

14 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! I just wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for visiting my blog. Boy, this asparagus tart looks delicious. And the funny thing is, I happen to have some frozen puff pastry in my freezer right now! I'll just have to get some asparagus, and then I'm all set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog :) This Asparagus Tart looks delicious. We have been enjoying fresh asparagus this spring and I will definately give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a sweet comment!
    The tart look absolutely delicious! I have never tried asparagus, but I want to. I may start with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this absolutely looks like something my DH would love! and it's so pretty too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My computer shorted out because I was drooling all over it!!!! This looks super easy and I love new ways to introduce my kids to veggies. They already like asparagus but since anything with bread is a winner this is gonna be like GOLD in our house!

    Thanks for stopping by my toddler blog BTW. I hope you can stop by from time to time to watch her grow!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love asparagus, and this sounds like a delicious way to serve them. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am a new follower of yours. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of the taste of asparagus, but my family is. This looks like a recipe they would love. Your pictures always make your food look so good that even I would probably taste your tart. That's compliments to the chef! Thank you for linking up to my party Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well my friend! Talk about my kind of meal!!! : ) This is surely something that I will ADORE!!!!! Guess those asparagus I bought yesterday at the market have a final destination : ) YUM YUM YUM and gorgeous too! sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks absolutely amazing! I bet I would eat the entire thing and enjoy every single minute of it =o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pinning this! I love asparagus and what a beautiful way to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! I'm pinning it, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am completely intrigued by this! it looks fantastic :) Thanks for the recipe and for stopping by FFL!
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Maria....thanks for stopping by KOPO! Your tart looks amazing as well and I like that you used a different cheese and I thought that spinach would work nicely too. Cooking is all about experimenting, isn't it? I'm your newest follower! -- Joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Selamlar, 2 saat oldu bloğundan kendimi alamıyorum,harika ve çok düzenli bir bloğun var.Hiç gereksiz şey yok ve herşey sade ve güzel ellerine sağlık,sevgiler

    ferideco

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs