I realized that there is only about a month left of the summer, so here is another fresh fruit summery dessert for you! Gotta use all that fresh fruit that the summer brings! This apricot crumble is quick and easy, and only requires five ingredients! Hope you all enjoy the remainder of the summer! Here's my recipe...
YOU WILL NEED:
2 lbs apricots, halved and pitted
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup plus 1 tbs unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
4 tbs confectioners' sugar
Ice cream to serve
1. First, wash the apricots, cut them in half and take out the pits. In a large bowl, add 2 tbs of sugar to the apricots, and let them sit for a couple of minutes.
2. Prepare your baking pan (9 inch pie dish works well) by greasing it with 1 tbs of butter, then preheat your oven to 350 F.
3. Next, in your electric mixer, prepare your topping by combining flour, oats, butter and the remaining 2 tbs of sugar. Mix until mixture resembles coarse meal, don't mix too long otherwise it will turn into a dough.
4. Arrange the apricot halves on the bottom of your dish evenly, then spread the topping on them.
5. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the juices on the bottom are bubbling and the topping is golden and crisp. Let cool for 15 minutes, then serve with your choice of ice cream!
Have a great weekend, Everyone! Happy Baking!
I will be linking to: