Saturday, December 10, 2011

White Rose and Holly Christmas Centerpiece

My absolute favorite flowers are white roses. I love all fresh cut flowers, but white roses are definitely my favorite. They were the flowers that my husband got me on our first date because he knew how much I loved them (in two weeks it will be seven years since that day!) and the flowers we used for our wedding reception table centerpieces. I just think they are the most beautiful flowers.


The other night, I wasn't feeling very well and my husband came home with a beautiful bouquet of white roses and dinner for me! He is the sweetest guy and he knew exactly what would cheer me up... white roses! This is what I made with the roses - this White Rose and Holly Christmas Centerpiece! I love the white-red-green flower arrangement, and the festive wintery look of the holly with the white roses! Here is how I made it...

WHITE ROSE AND HOLLY
CHRISTMAS CENTERPIECE

I picked a decorative shallow glass bowl and filled it with water about half way. Then using some clear tape I made a tape grid by sticking strips of the tape across the top of the bowl in a crisscross pattern. I had a dozen roses, so I made a dozen spaces in my grid. Taping the bowl this way helps you arrange the flowers evenly, and makes sure that they stay in the position you put them in.


Once I made the tape grid, I cut the roses to diagonally fit in the bowl, then arranged them in the grid (this took a couple tries to make it look the way I wanted!!). I had some faux holly and greenery that I added to the arrangement and filled the empty spots with.

Using a pretty bowl and adding some faux decorations is a simple and really pretty way to dress up a flower arrangement! How pretty would this look on your holiday table this year!


Here is a picture of the beautiful white rose centerpieces at our wedding reception. I love flowers, and so when we were planning our wedding they were definitely one of my top priorities! I had an amazing florist who created exactly what I had imagined!


And here is my beautiful bouquet! It was absolutely beautiful, and surprisingly heavy! My florist warned me that a large bouquet would be very heavy, but I didn't believe her... she was right, but it was well worth it to have these beautiful flowers on our wedding day!


After the wedding, my mom dried my bouquet for me, so that I could keep it as a memory! She dried hers after her wedding too, and 27 years later, it still looks pretty!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Have a great weekend, everyone!

I will be linking to:

The Shabby NestTip Junkie handmade projects

8 comments:

  1. Your arrangement is simply gorgeous - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!!! I LOVE following you!!!

    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing!

    PS I'm having my first linky party on Tuesday, 12/13. It will be "Christmas Scape" themed, tablescape ~ landscape or anywhere else in you home that you've added a touch of Christmas! I'd LOVE for you to link up! My blog is http://www.itsoverflowing.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! I love white roses too. My wedding had white roses and orange tigerlilies -- my two favorite flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white roses with a touch of red. Beautiful always, and especially so this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this, so so pretty I'd love it if you would add them to my What We Wore and Made link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore your rose centerpiece! Roses are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your centrepiece. I have been wondering what I would use and you have just given me so much inspiration. Thanks for sharing I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to drop over to my place and do the same. Merry Christmas and I look forward to supporting your beautiful blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are my kind of girl! My husband has always given me white roses too & we had them at our wedding. I love any white floral for holiday sprinkled with a little fresh greens ~ love it. These are beautiful! I would love for you to share this at our {Home for the Holdays} party going on now at The Corson Cottage ~ Carrie
    http://thecorsoncottage.blogspot.com/2011/12/time-flies-when-you-having-fun-at-all.html

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs