Wednesday, December 28, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Since there are only a couple more days left of 2011, I thought I would share some of my favorite projects and recipes that I shared with you this year! I have been blogging for almost a year now, and have loved sharing what I make with you, and seeing and being inspired by all the beautiful things that you all make! Here are some of my favorites!

TEN OF MY FAVORITE PROJECTS OF 2011

I made these Button Sugar Cookies back in March, and they are still one of my favorite things I've ever made! They would make very cute party favors! You can read about these cookies here!


One of my favorite materials to work with is felt, and here are some of my Felt Flower pins and hair clips that I made back in March. Here are more pictures!


Another one of my favorite projects using felt - this Donut Pin Cushion! Check it out here!


These Korker Bows are also really fun project, they are easy to make, and everyone is always surprised that you make them by BAKING the ribbon! Here is my detailed tutorial on how to make these cute hair accessories!


I got my first sewing machine in August, and these throw pillows were some of the first things I made with it!


Another favorite sewing project was my Bow Pillow that I've made in several colors. I love these Bow Pillows, they make any room look pretty and elegant!



This Chocolate Banana Loaf is one of my favorite things to bake - it's rich, moist, and the taste of dark chocolate is just delicious!


Another one of my absolute favorites that I've baked several times is the French Apple Tart from my Ten Days of Apples series.


Before we knew it, Thanksgiving was here, and this was the special "Give Thanks" table runner I made this year!


As always, I loved decorating our home for Christmas this year, and made my traditional Medovniky - Gingerbread Cookies!

Thanks for reading and following along this year, and for all your sweet comments! It's always nice to hear what other people think about the things you make, or what tips they may have for you! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of 2011!

I will be linking to:

The Shabby Nest

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I love all of these projects and your photography is amazing! I'd love it if you'd come link up to my Home and Family Friday linky party.

    Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I'm a new follower!

    So glad you stopped by for a visit at sweetlittlebluebird.com, thank you.

    I LOVE your bow pillow, that is so sweet. I have to make one - only problem, I have no idea how to sew! Sewing in on my bucket list...maybe I'll learn in 2012.

    Best wishes to you...
    Looking forward to following you!
    Cheers ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you at the shabby nest and I had add those flowers to pinterest! Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your favorite projects - I had not seen your button cookies before, they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your favorites list! Awesome projects! I would love for you to start joining my weekly linky party (Rock 'N Share)! Happy 2012! I'm your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh you are sooo talented girl :) I know your mom in law from AG missions in Europe :) Love your blog! So inspiring- all your baking and crafts!! love them :)looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone! And Charissa - nice to "meet" you! :o)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs