Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Linzer Cookies!

Here is another one of my Christmas baking traditions - Linzer Cookies! There are those tastes and smells that instantly bring back memories, and for me, that's what these cookies do! They just smell like Christmas at home. Ever since I was little, we baked these cookies for Christmas every year, using homemade jelly, which just added to how good they were! I didn't have any homemade jelly today... but they are still pretty good! My favorite kind to use is currant jelly, and so that's what I always use. I just love the combination of the sweet, sugary cookie with the tart sharpness of the currant jelly. Here are some pictures of my cookies this year!

CHRISTMAS LINZER COOKIES


I love these adorable Christmas plates that are embellished with Christmas trees and penguins. They were a gift from my mom a couple of years ago, and I love using them! These cookies are especially good with currant jelly, although seedless raspberry or strawberry would also be good! They are usually sprinkled with powdered sugar too, but I prefer them without the sugar, so that's why mine aren't sprinkled!



I can't believe that Christmas is this week already! Here in New Jersey, it really doesn't look like it outside! For the past two years that we've lived here, we've had blizzards and tons of snow before Christmas every year, and now it's raining and the temperatures are in the 60's. We are flying back home to Prague, Czech Republic the day after Christmas, so I guess that it's good that there isn't any snow, as last year our flights kept getting cancelled for two days because of the blizzard! I hope you are all having a wonderful week anticipating Christmas and remembering the Christmas story!

Merry Christmas!

I will be linking to:

The Shabby Nest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs