Thursday, December 8, 2011

Banana Walnut Muffins for Breakfast!

This is one of those quick and easy breakfast muffin recipes that you can use all those ripe bananas for and quickly whip up for breakfast in 30 minutes! Banana Walnut is always my number one choice for muffins, and this is my favorite recipe to make them! It comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Williams-Sonoma Baking Book. If you don't already have this book, it's a great basic recipe book to have!

BANANA WALNUT MUFFINS
(Williams Sonoma)
*Makes 12 muffins*

YOU WILL NEED:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
3 tbs buttermilk
1/2 cup oil
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup chopped walnuts


DIRECTIONS:

1. Begin by lining your muffin pan with 12 muffin cups and preheating your oven to 375 deg F. In a bowl (you really don't need an electric mixer for this, doing by hand is very easy!), combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and chopped walnuts.

2. In another, smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, mashed bananas, oil and buttermilk, then add it to the flour mixture, until all ingredients are well combined.

3. Spoon the mixture into your muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown! Serve warm for breakfast!


And what could be better with these Banana Walnut Muffins than a warm drink?? This tray sits on my dining table - packets of different teas, hot chocolate, sprinkles, and my Christmas dishes that my mom got me one year and that I love!


Happy Baking, Everyone!

I will be linking to:

The Shabby Nest

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! This is making my mouth water! Following you, too! Thanks for stopping by Three PIxie Lane

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs