Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Roll

My favorite season is finally here. I love fall. We have had such great weather here in New Jersey - beautiful sunny days and cool nights (although the sunny days are supposed to turn into rainy days for the rest of the week!). I have a long list for this fall: things to do, places to go, things to make, cook and bake... and here is the first of my fall recipes! This Pumpkin Roll is absolutely delicious! The cake part is moist and fluffy, and the filling is sweet and creamy! Amazing! Here's the recipe, and Happy Fall, Everyone!

PUMPKIN ROLL
(Makes 1 roll, Recipe from AllRecipes)

YOU WILL NEED:

Pumpkin Roll:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup pumpkin puree (I used organic, unsweetened)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda

Filling:
2 tbs unsalted butter, softened
8oz package cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar plus extra for dusting
1/4 tsp vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 deg F (190 deg C) and line a jelly roll pan (10x15 in) with foil and grease.

2. In your electric mixer, blend together your eggs, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin. Once well blended, sift in your flour and baking soda, and mix until smooth. Pour your mixture into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, and let cool a little bit.

3. Once it's cool enough to handle, place on a cotton tea towel (the top facing down) and start rolling it, then place seam side down to cool completely.

4. Prepare your frosting while the cake cools. Mix together butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla.

5. Once the cake has cooled completely, unroll it and spread it with the frosting. Roll it up again (without the towel) and wrap it in plastic wrap (or wax paper as the plastic wrap may stick to the roll too much and pull pieces of it out), then refrigerate until you're ready to serve it. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving!

I hope you all love this Pumpkin Roll as much as I did, and have a great week!
Happy Baking, Everyone!

I will be linking to:

Tip Junkie handmade projectsJam HandsThe Shabby Nest

9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and so seasonal! I'd like to venture out and make a cake roll, that's one thing I haven't tried yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkin roll is beautiful and sounds so yummy. I'll have to save your recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This cake roll looks so impressive; I can't believe the ingredient list is so short. I love that the filling is made of cream cheese since pumpkin and cream cheese go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this looks delish! My mouth is watering. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Sarah @ Alderberry Hill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria-

    Thanks so much for leaving me the nice comment. We are staying positive.

    The Pumpkin Roll looks so good as does all the delicious-ness I am finding on your blog. YUMMO. I love baking fall goodies.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look wonderful. Just in time for Thanksgiving Dinner!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thia pumpkin roll looks really good.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pumpkin roll looks great! Makes me want to make another one :)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs