It has been quite a week here in New Jersey! Earthquake, hurricane and tornado warnings... I have enough excitement in my life without all of that!!! I hope all of you living on the East Coast are safe and survived the storm without any damage! I'm starting to feel slightly claustrophobic at this point... I have been at home for too long! One good thing (besides the fact that we are safe and, didn't lose power and no terrible damage was done in our area) is that I had lots of time for crafting this weekend! These HANDMADE FLOWERS are a cute and easy project, hope you give it a try!
HANDMADE FLOWER TUTORIAL
YOU WILL NEED:
Synthetic fabric (100% polyester) otherwise your fabric will burn
Small piece of felt
Beads/Pearls/Crystals or other embellishments
Needle and Thread
Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut out seven different sized circles out of your fabric, and layer one on top of another, the largest piece on the bottom.
2. Using a candle or a lighter, burn around all the edges of the circles. *NOTE* Do not actually touch the flame with the fabric! Just get close to the flame, it will start to curl very quickly, you will see!
3. Layer all the curled pieces again, starting with the largest on the bottom.
4. Sew the pieces together in the center using a needle and some thread.
5. Now add your embellishments, such as pearls, beads, crystals, buttons, or whatever else you want. Either sew them on, or if they are larger use your hot glue gun to attach them.
6. Cut out a small circle from your felt, and using your hot glue gun, attach it to the back of your flower (this will provide more support and a place for you to glue your pin/hair clip).
7. *Optional* To add leaves made out of ribbon, cut a piece of ribbon off and fold it in the following way, and glue in place:
8. Attach your pin/hair clip to the back of your flower using your glue gun.
And that's it! Hope you like these cute flowers!
Have a great rest of your Sunday, and Happy Sewing and Crafting, Everyone!
I will be linking to: